Sophie Dumon-Kappe holds a Masters degree in International Business Law from the University Jean Moulin Lyon III and a Masters degree CAAE IEA, Institute of Business Administration, University Jean Moulin Lyon III.
Before joining La Tour International to create the Customs & Indirect taxes department, Sophie Dumon-Kappe worked for almost 10 years at Landwell (correspondent law firm of PwC), then for 6 years as Partner in the customs department of LHLF law firm.
Her practice focuses on control assistance and customs disputes.
Sophie Dumon-Kappe also helps companies reorganize their cross-border flows and the management of indirect taxes taking into account logistical constraints inherent to international flows of goods.
Her customers include French SMEs, subsidiaries of foreign companies or investment funds.
Sophie Dumon-Kappe regularly provides customized training for companies wishing to structure a customs service as part of an AEO (Authorized Economic Operator) or to better understand the provisions of the new Customs Code of the Union (CDU).
She has been referenced by the legal and financial Makers magazine as “high reputation” in the customs expertise.
Sophie Dumon-Kappe is a member of the board of the Think Tank “Colin de Sussy.”
CUSTOMS LAW & INDIRECT TAXES
* Assistance to control & customs disputes (civil /criminal /European)
* Energy & environmental tax issues (TIC, TGAP …)
* Due dil acquisition audit (legal opinion)
* Reorganization of cross-border flows of goods
* Establishment of customs procedures & regimes (customs warehousing, inward …)
* Legislation of dual-use goods
* Training for AEO (Authorized Economic Operator) or the structuring of a Customs Service